In April and May 2015, Taneja Group surveyed eleven storage vendors to understand how each was implementing VVols in their storage arrays. This survey consisted of 32 questions that explored what storage array features were exported to vSphere 6, how VMs were provisioned and managed.
Storage should be the most reliable thing in the data center, not the least. What data centers today need is enterprise storage that affordably delivers at least 7-9’s of reliability, at scale. In this report we will look at what we mean by 7-9’s exactly, and what’s really needed to provide 7-9’s of availability for storage.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, Hyper Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Product in Depth
Unitrends has launched a compelling new version of Unitrends Enterprise Backup (UEB): Release 9.0. Its completely revamped user interface and experience significantly reduces management overhead and lets even new users easily perform sophisticated functions using the redesigned dashboard.
Taneja Group’s latest multi-client sponsored research study addresses the relatively young and rapidly evolving market for storage acceleration and performance solutions in the enterprise. The 70-page research report features results from 694 completed online surveys, plus in-depth discussions with 9 selected enterprise participants.
OpinionQuestions apply across the board when flash is injected into storage arrays but even more so when you consider all-flash arrays (AFAs). In this Opinion piece we will focus on answering these questions broadly through the data protection lens. We will then look at a specific case of how data protection can be designed with flash in mind.
11/17 @ 2pm ET: Join us to learn about what’s available and how to take full advantage of the range of cloud services offered so that you can precisely match vendors’ offerings to your business needs.
- 10/01/15 | Abstract: Taneja Group Multi-Client Study on Storage Acceleration and Performance Technologies
- 09/29/15 | Enterprise Storage that Simply Runs and Runs: Infinidat Infinibox Delivers Incredible New Standard
- 09/25/15 | Free Report - Better Together: HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and StoreOnce System Opinion
- 09/17/15 | Unitrends Enterprise Backup 9.0: Simple and Powerful Data Protection for the Whole Data Center
- 11/20/15 | The big hang-ups in Dell’s deal for EMC
- 11/17/15 | OpsDataStore Unveils Industry’s First Solution to Ensure Online Service Quality for Dynamic IT
- 11/18/15 | Christine Taylor | Flash Memory in the Enterprise
- 11/16/15 | Christine Taylor | What’s Real Data Storage Innovation Among Products, Vendors?
- 10/26/15 | Arun Taneja | Oracle Takes Convergence to New Extremes
- 10/21/15 | Jeff Kato | Spectra Logic bets big on SMR disk and S3 for on-premises deep archive
Resources & Events
- 07/14/15 | | Storage Acceleration and Performance Technologies Survey
- 05/01/14 | Taneja Group | Converged Infrastructure Survey (closed)
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 11/18/15 | Mike Matchett, Taneja Group; Sean Suchter, Pepperdata | Optimizing Big Data Clusters in Production - Performance, Capability, and Cost
- 11/17/15 | Arun Taneja; Christophe Bertrand, Arcserve; Austin McChord, Datto; Abhijit Dinkar, Dell; Mark Campbell, Unitrends | Hyperscale Public Cloud vs Value-Add Cloud from DP/DR Vendors: Which is Better?