The age of the software defined datacenter and converged infrastructure is upon us. The benefits of running compute, storage and networking functions together on shared commodity hardware brings flexibility to the datacenter. The shift caused by software-defined storage and networking may prove to be greater than the shift to virtualized servers during the last decade.
The massive trend to virtualize servers has brought great benefits to IT data centers everywhere, but other domains of IT infrastructure have been challenged to likewise evolve. Software-Defined Storage (SDS) provides a new approach to making better use of storage resources in the virtual environment.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Enterprise IT practitioners are soon going to have to operate scale-out computing platforms in the production data center - Hadoop is the likely target. There's a plethora of Hadoop infrastructure options to choose from to fit almost every big data need – the challenge for IT is to implement the best solutions for their business client needs.
The promise of a software-defined strategy is a virtualized data center created from compute, network and storage building blocks. In this paper, Taneja Group takes an in-depth look at the capital expenditure (CapEx) savings that can be achieved by creating a state-of-the-art Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Technology ValidationSolid-state technologies have allowed new comers as well as established storage vendors to start shaping up cost effective and highly efficient storage solutions that unlock greater storage performance. Taneja Group Labs turned to a hands-on Technology Validation to examine just how well server-side caching solutions might fair in real world use.
- 09/25/14 | Scale Computing HC3: A Second Look at a Hyperconverged Appliance
- 09/16/14 | IBM FlashSystem V840: Transforming the Traditional Datacenter
- 09/02/14 | HP ConvergedSystem: Altering Business Efficiency and Agility with Integrated Systems
- 08/25/14 | Accelerating the VM with FlashSoft: Software-Driven Flash-Caching for the Virtual Infrastructure
- 09/30/14 | Gridstore Inc. gives Hyper-V storage a hyper-converged twist
- 09/30/14 | Why Hyper-Convergence is Invading the Data Center
- 09/30/14 | Arun Taneja | Reference architectures bring appliance feel to hyper-converged systems
- 09/16/14 | Mike Matchett | Siloing stifles data center growth
- 09/30/14 | Arun Taneja | From SDS to HyperConvergence: Gridstore Expands Product Line
- 09/26/14 | Arun Taneja | HP gives a free license for 1TB StoreVirtual VSA license to all Intel Xeon E5 V3 users
Resources & Events
- 05/01/14 | Taneja Group | Converged Infrastructure Survey
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 10/16/14 | Founder & Consulting Analyst Arun Taneja, Taneja Group; Founder & CTO Kelly Murphy, Gridstore | Why Hyper-Convergence is Invading the Data Center [West]
- 10/16/14 | Founder & Consulting Analyst Arun Taneja, Taneja Group; Founder & CTO Kelly Murphy, Gridstore | Why Hyper-Convergence is Invading the Data Center [East]