Market Landscape Abstract
In April and May 2015, Taneja Group surveyed eleven storage vendors to understand how each was implementing VVols in their storage arrays. This survey consisted of 32 questions that explored what storage array features were exported to vSphere 6, how VMs were provisioned and managed.
We specialize in providing complete marketing guidance, including product management, messaging, positioning, and launch support, within the Storage, Server Virtualization, Software-defined, Convergence, Hyper Convergence, eDiscovery, WAN Optimization and Data Protection industries. We work with companies of all sizes but are especially attuned to emerging companies. Contact us for more information.
Welcome to the new era of data-aware storage. Qumulo Core promises to radically change the scale-out NAS product category by using built-in data awareness to massively scale a distributed file system, while at the same time radically reducing the time to administer a system than can hold billions of files.
With application and service availability in mind, companies such as Symantec have come in to provide availability and resiliency. Focusing on improving how VMware can deliver application availability, Symantec has developed a set of solutions to meet the high availability and disaster recovery requirements of business critical applications.
Solution BriefIn this paper we will examine the ideal solution environments where Hyper-Converged products have flourished. We will then give practical guidance on solution positioning for HP’s latest ConvergedSystem Hyper-Converged product offerings.
6/23 @ 12pm ET: Join us for a fast paced and informative 60-minute roundtable as we discuss one of the newest trends: Data-Aware Storage. We will unpack its definition as a panel of experts give their take on how it has impacted customer business outcomes.
- 06/30/15 | Redefining the Economics of Enterprise Storage (2015 Update)
- 06/26/15 | The Promise of VM-Centric Storage and VVols: Tintri VMstore Delivers the Future Promise Now
- 06/17/15 | Journey Towards Software Defined Data Center (SDDC)
- 06/08/15 | Market Landscape Abstract: Survey of VVol Implementation by Various Storage Vendors
- 07/09/15 | Panasas ActiveStor gets denser with larger helium drives
- 07/07/15 | Knowm Inc. Unveils First Commercial Products in Support of the Thermodynamic RAM Technology Stack
- 07/15/15 | Mike Matchett | IT pros get a handle on machine learning and big data
- 07/08/15 | Arun Taneja | Flat backup grows into viable tool for data protection
- 07/26/15 | Jeff Byrne | Taneja Group research reveals that enterprises are shifting their focus to new storage architectures
- 07/26/15 | Jeff Byrne | Enterprises frown on new CAPEX investments to solve their storage performance problems
Resources & Events
- 07/14/15 | | Storage Acceleration and Performance Technologies Survey
- 05/01/14 | Taneja Group | Converged Infrastructure Survey (closed)
Webinars & WebcastsMore
- 06/30/15 | Arun Taneja, Taneja Group; Chuck Dubuque, Tintri | So you think you know VVols
- 06/23/15 | Tom Fenton, Senior Validation Engineer, Taneja Group & Chris McCall, SVP Marketing, NexGen Storage | Understand vSphere 6.0 VVOL Implementations from Leading Vendors
- 08/30/15 | VMworld 2015 | Moscone Center, San Francisco